Saturday 27 July 2013

Spain 2013, Malaga - Fish and Pizza (6.4.13)

With it being only Easter the beach was quiet,  Alhamdulillah. But not too quiet that it was dead. The water was too cold to swim but not to dip one's feet in. The air temperature and the very gentle sea breeze were just perfect.
Before finding a nice spot we ordered some grilled fish. Oh how I wish that I could eat fish! Eating freshly caught fish by the sea is an experience that I want to saviour but probably never will. But at least I enjoyed Hamida and the children enjoying the fish feast. It was so nice that they went for a second serving.
I then went to buy something for myself. Went to a Burger King only to discover that they don't have anything suitable for me after queuing for a quarter of an hour.
Found a nearby pizza place but again they didn't really have a vegetarian choice on the menu. But they made one especially, and the Moroccan cook put in all the trimmings for us.
One of the best things about travelling is meeting Muslims in non-Muslim countries unexpectedly. Oh what joy the feeling of instant brotherhood! You feel invigorated and your faith lifted.
The pizza was very nice as was the beach but we had to leave for the  Alcazaba and the Castle...

No comments:

Post a Comment