Saturday 27 July 2013

Spain 2013, Malaga - Castillo de Gibralfaro (6.4.13)

This castle was built by Yousuf I in the fourteenth century and was in use until 1936 when it was utilised during the Spanish Civil War. Extensively restored it now also houses a museum that charts its history displaying various military artefacts.
More interesting for us were its ramparts and getting up on to its roof to get 360 views of Malaga and is environs. Both the roof and the ramparts were windy,  a very nice warm breeze that is a pleasure to behold. And one that makes for interesting hair styles. But it is my dear lost coat for which I have included the photo of me in this post.
We came down from the castle the same way. I had Zainab on my back and pushed down Yousuf. We raced with Abdullah. It was fun for all three of them, ma-sha-Allah...

No comments:

Post a Comment