Friday 11 April 2014

Egypt 2014 - Hotel Problem

My passport needed two checks before I was let through. And as soon as I was let through I was confronted by taxis drivers galore. 150, 200, 130 and so it continued. I left them all and headed for the micro buses to Ramses,  hoping to catch a returning taxi. And I did,  Alhamdulillah, for only 80 EGP.

Spectra Inn's description says that it's opposite Mall of Arabs but where was the sign? It took ages and a lot of asking to find it. The taxi driver deserved an extra 20.

It was a big relief to finally find the hotel but only then to discover that they had problems - problems with the police! Big enough problems that meant all of their reservations had to be cancelled!

They apologised of course but wanted to leave it at that. "No, you have to find me a hotel!" I should have found a hotel myself. I would have saved at least £35. The best that they could find me was Movenpick at $90 after an apparent discount.

Another 20 for the taxi driver. Arrived at Movenpick to discover that they charge 145 EGP for wifi! Bargained a 50% (before tax) discount. At least the breakfast was included.

The hotel was nice but I was too tired to take advantage of all the extras, just like the last time...

No comments:

Post a Comment